08 January 2015

Day 4: Creeper Confessions

This morning I woke up with a migraine :(

I drugged myself up - slept the allotted time til its demise - worked my first part of the day from home and arrived at work later.

The Boys (Bracken, Brandon, Kody, and Jonny are my team/Ohana at work that will be referenced as "The Boys" from here on out) said that their "doctor told their wife's sister" that when you change up your meal plan - it throws your body for a loop - so then your body reacts in different ways: migraines.

I, again, attributed it to the Fat gods - laughing maniacally as they hoisted lightning bolts into my brain.

FOILED AGAIN FAT GODS!!!

Arriving at work isn't necessarily a bad thing - but in this FOUR DAY LIFE CHANGE - I've found a simple pleasure. That may oust me out as a creeper.

In the past attempts of healthy eating - I'd get my meal ready - walk it back to my desk and eat. My imaginary audience made me feel silly for eating healthy foods in front of people that I don't want to know or think that I'm eating healthy. IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!! hahaha

It just dawned on me - that I can take my laptop - AWAY - from my desk, prepare my food in the break room, and work WHILE I eat - at the sky bridge.

SKY BRIDGE you ask? It's this magical place between another building and our break room with windows to the outside world. I TELL NO LIES!!!

It's heaven.

AAAND at 9:00 am sharp - I grab Meal 2 and set up shop by a window - overlooking the alley/walkway in between our buildings. Not the BEST view - but a view nonetheless.

Did I mention - that in the alley/walkway in between our buildings - at 9:00 am - I've noticed something?

I guess there's a rock climbing facility that shares our same building. Oh...cool.

Said rock climbing facility has employees. Naturally.

Said employees are beautifully, bearded men....that come outside at 9:00 am....anddobeautifullymanlythingslikepowerwashequipmentandcutthingsupwithpowersaws!!!

I'm so excited that I had to write it all together because that's how fast I'm talking!!!

Translation: "and do beautifully, manly things like power wash equipment and cut things up with power saws."

I'm going to PRAISE JESUS right here - although, I'm pretty sure he didn't put them there for me...or did he? ;)

I'm sad I had a migraine this morning - ONLY because it took me away from my Sky bridge aka beautiful, bearded men.

It's a simple pleasure....that helps me look forward to walking to eat Meal 2 - which is very healthy for me - every day.

What's better - is that my fitbit thingy looks like a house arrest bracelet. SO - as I slave away at work, nibble at my meager portions, and stare out the window - I can truly look like a creeper.





3 comments: