15 January 2015

Day 11: Adventures in Austin

What better way to celebrate 10 days of health - than a trip to see my bestie in Texas? :)

Having flight benefits (mahalo Cuzin Lara!) - being single - having no children - and being able to work remotely come in handy for me quite a bit.

And I'm feeling good.

I've lost 6 lbs - I've been sticking to my workout plan - I've been eating healthy.

I packed my food in my CARRY ON luggage. I even showed the salad dressing to the security guard for clearance.

I'M. HEALTHY.

BUT, I have to use a seat belt extender to make my seat belt fit. :(

AND, I have to put the armrest up to fit in my seat. :(

I'm healthy? :(

*sigh*

Well, I'm TRYING to be healthy.

Today I felt silly about it...like - 6 pounds was dumb to be proud of. Like - no one believes I'm eating healthy. Like  - I'll NEVER fit in an airplane.

Luckily, the woman on my flight to Denver was kind. She tried to sell me jewelry - but she didn't mind having the arm rest up. We laughed and talked the entire flight. I even told her how frustrated I was with my healthy life changes and the airplane ride. She was super encouraging and we have plans to bond at the new Trader Joe's opening in Utah soon. :)

I don't like feeling self conscious or sad. I'm sure I could use those feelings to help drive my efforts. Yet, I don't think that would be the most effective path for me. I want to focus on the positive feelings I experience...things that make me happy. 

What was my happy today then?
  • New friends on flights
  • Rocking my reports in between flights 
  • Eating my healthy snacks
  • Walking around the airports and NOT dying
  • STAYING on my meal plan
  • Seeing my best friend
  • Shopping for my meal plan
  • Packing my yoga mat :)
It'll take time to fit into seat belts and airplanes. I have to remember that.

Until then - I'll keep trying and stay happy.









No comments:

Post a Comment