14 January 2015

Day 10: Medals in Meal Planning

I love food. 

I've always said that. 

FOOD + BROWN SUGAR = TRUE LOVE FOREVER

Being on a meal plan destroys that...or does it?

In the past - with all my meal plans - I go for the GOLD. Everything they tell me to eat - I put it in my lunchbox. 
Cauliflower? CHOPPED!
Lentils? COOKED & DRAINED!
Sardines? wait - WHAT?! 
This is the first time that I've actually made my own meal plans - using the food I'm allowed. But, instead of going for the GOLD - I've taken a step back and realized that there are different shades of GOLD. Not 50 (eh? EH?) - but shades that still give me the GOLD!

I may not be eating sardines (#1 meat at the top of my list...*gag*) - but my veggie burger is listed.

My chopped salad may not be at the top of the list - but Kale is and guess what - I got some kale in my salad!

It's with all these little tweaks that I found myself in love with food again. LOVE.

I'm sad when I finish my last bite. That hasn't changed.

My last bite has changed and I'm okay!

I'm more than okay - I'm GOLD. :)

1 comment: