05 January 2015

2015 is for Suckers...

Guess what!

I made a resolution to lose weight this year!!!

Whoa, whoa, whoa - just hear me out.

Am I any different than anyone else trying to lose weight right now?

No...but I'm cooler. ;)

The crazy things about this announcement are:
>>I never tell ANYONE that I'm trying to lose weight
>>I never write in my blog (last post was April 2014? hahaha - don't hate)

Why now? Why become the fitness blogger that I don't even read?

Because that's exactly what I'm NOT. I'm Brown Sugar. :)

For the 3 people who read my blog - this is for Ardis. She wants me to check in with my progress and to also write in my blog again. She also introduced me to Piyo and is super excited for me to try it out.

And for once, in a very long while, I'm excited too.

I'll elaborate more in the blogs to come - but I've had a huge mental block and a completely bad attitude when it comes to losing weight.

I present to you:

>>DAY ONE<<

I went to bed at 9:00 pm to sleep for 8 hours before work. 

I didn't.

I was so worried that I wouldn't wake up in time - I'd wake up. I was so worried I overslept - I'd wake up. I'd get BORED of sleeping - and wake up.

I'm sure I'll get used to it...right? I mean - I LOVE sleeping - I just haven't tried it for 8 hours in a row  (on purpose) for quite awhile.

When I did wake up - my right ankle hurt (remember my last blog?) and I thought out loud,
Sorry 'bout it Brown Sugar. The Fat gods say you must stay the same.
Not THIS time Fat gods! 

I  know it's going to hurt so much, but I'm ready to push through the pain. I know that I'll be sad without LOTS of sugar - in all of its forms. But, I'm willing to eat chop salad at lunch (and it was DELICIOUS).

I know - that I can do this. TODAY I want to do this!

Did I walk downstairs to fill up my water bottle with the boys? I DID.

Did I take the elevator back up? I DID!

Baby steps, y'all. Literally - baby steps.






No comments:

Post a Comment