20 March 2014

Just in time for Brown Sugar Month 2014!!! hahaha


BROWN SUGAR FACTS 2013
*CORRECTION* You may have been misled, in a previous letter, to believe that Brown Sugar graduated from Utah State University in 2009. She did not and the person that told you is a dirty liar and should not be trusted.

YOWZA!!!

I don’t know if you’ve been keeping count – but it’s been more than THREE years since my last letter. And as much as I’d like to think that your heart has a deep hole, that only Brown Sugar can fill – I realize that it probably does. That’s why I started these letters in the first place – to heal your heart. J

Be sad no longer – I bring you words of inspiration, pictures of wonder, and random facts of awesomeness…You’re welcome. <3

We celebrate Jesus in December (and if you’re super righteous, like me, everyday). We celebrate Brown Sugar in March (and if you’re super rad, like me, everyday). It only makes sense to send Brown Sugar Facts in March!

HIGHLIGHTS OF BEING 29, 30, & 31:
§  I still tell people I’m whatever age they think I am (I average about 25)
§  I was diagnosed with ADHD..........why are you laughing?
§  I lived in GERMANY!!! I was the largest, loudest, brownest person there and I LA-HO-VED it!!! Germans aren’t the hugging type – but I TRIED!!!...And no one pressed charges. ;)
§  I tried my hand at costume making with felt. I even wore one of my costumes to The Potato Bowl (in Boise, ID) and was on ESPN!!!
§  Aaaaaaaand – I’m back in Utah…*sigh*

I’m pretty sure I planned my life differently than how it’s turning out to be. I’m also pretty sure that I never planned on living in Germany or making a Christmas tree costume that was so comfortable.

I have some regrets – but I have no complaints. I’m happy, I’m brown, I’m blessed, and I’m loved. Thank you for being a part of my life – planned or unplanned – I’m happy because of you. I love you and can’t wait to see what year 32 brings!!!

HAPPY BROWN SUGAR MONTH!!!

Last year, I posted random facts about myself on Facebook. I wanted to help people understand why I’m crazy…it’s just how Jesus made me. J I’ve decided to include a few random facts (with pictures) – randomly – in my letters. I hope you enjoy them – and if you wonder what other facts you may have missed out on – check out my blogspot for this year’s complete set:

www.biggitybrownsugar.blogspot.com


Remember – I’m ADHD, so they probably won’t be posted until April. ;) (or March 2014...hahaha)





FACT #1: I was my high school’s Homecoming Queen.


Fact #2: I sang a solo for our 4th grade production of The Nutcracker. Probably because I sing like Beyoncé & probably because I didn't fit in the candy cane costumes.



Fact #3: Whatchu know about paneled silk shirts, dog tag necklaces, & the skating rink every Friday night in 6th grade? Brown Sugar didn't play in the 90's!!!



Fact #4: I have ALWAYS hated camping.


Fact #5: My due date was 01 March, but I wasn't birthed until 07 March. For the longest time – I thought that was the reason I was brown. I was overcooked.


Fact #6: When I was in 2nd grade – I won second place in a coloring contest. Over the years I've kept up with my talent – so I decided to send you some of my recent work…and a picture of me in 2nd grade. J

***I actually colored a picture and sent it out with my letter for these lucky recipients...but I don't think I sent out half of them...ha! SORRY BOUT IT!!!***



Fact #7; Once I wore my Halloween costume for 3 days after the holiday. My brothers begged me to change my clothes – I made them come into the gym & take pictures of me instead.



Fact #8: My mother hated me.


Fact #9; When I was in 3rd grade, I was pretending to be Stevie Wonder – to get my brother to laugh. I had my sunglasses on, my eyes closed, and I was singing my heart out…when I fell down the stairs. I got my brother to laugh.


Fact #10; The VW Bus/Vanagon is my FAVORITE car. In high school, if I saw one, anywhere, I'd stop & take a picture…and yes – I dressed like that.

***May I be better at posting on my blog and sending out ALL of my Brown Sugar Letters this year***



No comments:

Post a Comment