01 April 2012

Practice Makes Perfect...

Brown Sugar Month came and went - and I didn't touch my blogspot...that's aptly named after - ME. 

I shared faaaaacts about myself on facebook for 29 days straight!! If that's not testimony against my ADHD - than it's certainly in favor of my OCD tendencies. ;)

People told me to start a Twitter account - but I'm so wrapped up in me that I think it would actually hurt my feelings to NOT have people follow me. Do you know how nerve wracking it is - to post a story about my heart and have only 9 people "like" it? hahaha Actually - not that nerve wracking, but it made me think twice about what I was sharing. ;) 

So, I figured - let's transfer my habit of posting on facebook - to my blogspot. Then - I can practice my writing - share my randomness in more detail - and maybe help a few people smile on the way.

Today we celebrated my niece's 9th birthday!!!

I'm trying to take over the world as #1 Auntie and eventually fade out my brother, Ladybug, as a contender - so I'd be #1 Person-That's-Not-My-Parents-or-Jesus (name under review). 

I made my niece a poster size head of herself, put it on a stick, and held it in front of my face while I sang "Happy Birthday" to wake her up - first thing this morning. If that's not creepy cool - I don't know what is!!! 

My little brother and I have made it a habit - to shout "Happy Birthday" all day to the person whose birthday it is. These are to be random as well as in answer to any question or conversation the Birthday Person is apart of. Here's one of our many successes today:

*Emily walks in to the living room*
Me: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Ladybug: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Emily: Um, thanks...hey mom?
Ladybug & Me: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Bunny: Yes?
Emily: Can I -
Ladybug: You can HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Emily: Can I have a piece of -
Me: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Bunny: *glaring at us* Can you what?
Emily: Can I - 
Ladybug & Me: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
*both of us laughing hysterically*

Like I said - #1

Our family also has a favorite game called "What If". It's a silly game of  silly questions and silly answers - dedicated to the Birthday Person. If you've never played it - I'll ask someone to post up instructions on Pinterest for you...BAHAHA

ANYWAYS - here's a list of some of my favorite questions that the Christensens came up with tonight:
  • What if Emily was raised by boogers?
  • What if Emily was a rainbow unicorn?
  • What if Emily was a ninja? (which is funny because she's Asian - get it? NINJA? Asian? I mean - minus the "knows no martial arts" - she's already there, ethnically...hahaha)
  • What if Emily was a dumb donkey?
I mentioned this was silly, right? :)

With a plethora of "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" shouts - lots of laughter - filled in with strawberry shortcake - hugs - presents - and games - another birthday for the Christensens was successfully celebrated.

<3 MY FAMILY <3

 

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I'm definitely one of those that you put a smile on, Annalee. I can tell that you get so much enjoyment out of making life happy for your darling family!!! I'm smiling today, darling girl :)

    ReplyDelete