02 April 2012

Reunited and it feels so gooood!

I think the hardest part of being back is answering the questions:
Hey! Where have you been?
  • Oh - I just got back from Germany!
Germany?! But I thought you moved to Australia!
  • Heh - yeah...that didn't work out.
So, you moved to Germany?!
  • Yeah...that didn't work out either.
What are you doing back?
  • *looking helplessly around* Looking for work?
Really? Didn't you graduate?
  • *smiling big* Nope!
Where are you living?
  • *still smiling big* Ah, you know - wherever I fall asleep!
Hahaha - really?!
  • *wishing I was back in Germany*
I didn't expect my life to be where it is right now - but let's be honest...I've kinda lived my life (the last few years at least) with no real expectations. I've always been taken care of (props to Jesus!) and ended with a few stories here and there. :)

And today - as well as every other day - I am thankful for friends and family that have lived through my stories - chapters, novels, and sometimes monologues at a time - and are still willing to let me edit them over and over - without complaint.

Sometimes those friends - just happen to find you again on facebook - and after 15+ years - you meet up at a Cafe Rio in Lehi, Utah to discuss the Reader's Digest version of each other. Over nachos, salad, and mint lemonade (DEEE-LISH) - we talked, laughed, met each others' kids (Bunny's children, mind you), and relished in the past that - for the most part - only I remembered. ;) It's so nice to have history with people - even when it's been over a decade since you last saw them. <3

Sometimes those friends - are heaven sent - by way of Kekaha, Hawaii - then Logan, Utah - then Lyman, Wyoming - and now Elko, Nevada. We've only known each other for 5 years - but oh, what a glorious 5 years it has been. ;) We are blessed enough to have our cousins, The Weights, with us for Spring Break!!! It's a four hour drive - and it can't be a pretty one - so we are indeed grateful - no HONORED - that they arrived tonight. The kids are so happy to be together - and all of the adults are happy to be together too. It's days like these - that I'm reminded of the history I have with people I've only known a short time. That's a miracle to me - even more of a miracle than the fact that we're related through our white family at least 4 generations back - but the kids still look like first cousins. <3
At the end of the day like this one - the questions I hate to answer don't seem so daunting anymore. People who truly know my story - don't mind hearing about the "Choose-Your-Own-Adventure" parts. In fact, they add a few optional adventures as well.

Tonight - the adventure was break time for mommies (they headed to another showing of The Hunger Games) while Auntie (#1 status, remember?) stayed home with the 7 kiddies. I think the only challenge I have - was to get them to fall asleep by watching a movie...

We've already watched Chicken Little and now they're watching the old school Charlie & The Chocolate Factory...but I'm deathly afraid of the Oompa Loompas...so I'm hiding upstairs...writing this blog.

HAHAHA - #1 AUNTIE!!!





2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are having fun with family back in Utah! I'm sorry if I was one of the questioners asking about Germany. :) I think it's awesome to be able to move around and gain new experiences. Why not do it?! In my year, I lived in 3 different states... actually, I probably did that a few times. :) I learned so much and met so many people through all of the moves over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE hearing about your adventures...especially when they involve the "choose your own adventure" scenarios. :) Love and miss you TONS!!! :D

    ReplyDelete