27 January 2012

SUPLISE!!!

Let's do a quick survey before I begin this one:


Who actually thought that Brown Sugar would stay in Europe permanently?


*looking around*


I guess that would be 1 vote - MY vote.


And WHO might have prayed that Brown Sugar would come back to the States?


*looking around*


You're all FIRED!!! ;) hahaha


I'm baaaaaaack!


I'll be honest when I say that I was sad to leave Germany, my family, and my 3 friends that I made there. I'll miss them, the food, the landscape, the chocolate, and the idea that I was living in Europe.


I feel close enough to you all that I can share a condensed version of how I ended up back in the States:
  • My visa expires on 16 Jan 2012
  • I was applying everywhere on base to extend visa - but wasn't getting hired
  • Finally applied to a temp agency that "hires EVERYONE"
  • Aforementioned temp agency ran a background check and found 2 warrants in Utah and apparently doesn't hire EVERYONE
  • Researched warrants and would be unable to pay them off by visa expiration date because
    • the only work I found in Germany was cleaning houses and babysitting (flashback to 8th grade jobs)
  • Prayed really hard about what I should do
  • Complained really loud when it was to move back to the States
  • Skyped nightly to plan my trip back and
  • Lied to my parents every time we talked - so I could surprise them :)
And surprise Big Ray & Rin-Dizzle - we did. :)


I hid out at Bunny's for a couple of days after I landed. She and Ladybug planned a New Year's Dinner at Cracker Barrel (a little tradition of ours) with Big Ray and Rin-Dizzle.


The night came and we were in a mad rush to get to the West Valley Cracker Barrel. It's halfway for all of us - but still a good 45 minutes away.


As we're rounding up the kids-socks-and-shoes, getting coats on, and heading to the car - we realize that there's dog poop on the bottom of shoes and it's been tracked throughout the house. 


Lare-Bear acts as quickly as he can to clean up the mess - but it's serious enough to enlist the carpet cleaner's skills  - and stress starts to creep into our hearts.


We're running a good 30 minutes late at this point - but we pile into the cars and begin the journey...only to find out that the car Bunny is driving has a flat tire!


We stop at the nearest gas station to fill it up - but the tire spits out the air faster than we can feed it. That leaves us in Clinton - a good 45 minutes away from our surprise. Stress has won and we return home to figure things out. 


When we call Big Ray & Rin-Dizzle to tell them our luck - they insist that we do the dinner another night. 


Bunny: NO - WE WILL EAT AT CRACKER BARREL TONIGHT!!! AND WE WILL BE HAPPY!!!


We change the location to the Cracker Barrel closest to us and find a ride from Bunny's next door neighbor. No shame!


We keep texting Ladybug and make sure that they're all seated before we even leave the safety of the car. 


Lare-Bear and Bunny head in with the kids and leave me with a cell phone. They decided I would browse the country shop while they get settled in - and then they would text me for my grand entrance. 


I knew what my parents' reactions would be:


Rin-Dizzle: *crying*
Big Ray: Are you serious?!
Rin-Dizzle: *still crying*


Hugs would ensue and blahblahblah.


I receive the text and head into the eating area. 


Emy: *pointing away from me walking in* Look at that TV!


*Big Ray and Rin-Dizzle are sitting at the end of the table across from each other.*


*I walk to them and put my hands on their shoulders*


Big Ray: *turns his head and looks at me in shock* >silent<


Rin-Dizzle: *looks at me - looks at Big Ray - shaking her head* >silent<


Me: *smiling - expecting the reactions I had planned*


Big Ray: *still silent*


Rin-Dizzle: *still silent*


Me: *feeling awkward with my hands on their shoulders*


*At least 15-20 seconds go by and there's still complete silence*


Me: *completely thrown off by the silence of my parents* Willkommen!!! (Yeah - I'm so thrown off by this interaction that I say "Welcome" to myself in GERMAN)


Rin-Dizzle: *finally stands, hugs me, and begins to cry*


Me: FINALLY!!!


Hugs ensue and blahblahblah. ;)

















2 comments:

  1. Haha... I loved reading everything you wrote (except, of course, I'm still sad that you're not living in Germany!). However, what I'm wondering is WHY did you have warrants out for you in Utah :) Spill the beans, girl! Speeding tickets? Parking tickets? Have the coolest family ever?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you give the best life moments analee.. love that your back with your family & hope your adjusting.. I'm sure 2012 has plenty of blessings awaiting you.. nice your fb brownsugar facts priceless.. Love you!

    ReplyDelete