02 October 2011

Fast Foward to Flashback!!!

Something happened this week - that took me to memory lane - and warmed my heart. I feel that, by understanding my past - you can understand and enjoy my present/future/what-have-you.

In Kansas City - one of our favorite places to be was at the amusement park: WORLDS OF FUN (and yes - it was WORLDS OF FUN...hahahaha). I love roller coasters - but my all time FAVORITE roller coaster is the old, wooden, no loops - no frills - only hills: TIMBERWOLF.
Quick evaluation:
  • old
  • wooden
  • no loops
  • no frills
  • only hills
  • lumber on hand for minor repairs
  • Empty cars for plenty-o-riders
Due to the first 6 reasons on the eval list - the 7th reason makes the Timberwolf - GOLDEN. The lines aren't that long - and sometimes if you're fast enough (which I guess I was...back in the day) - you can run back and ride it over, and over, and OVER again. My heart swells with happiness just blogging about it!

It was on one of these days that our story takes place. I was with some friends at the park and we got to the Timberwolf with no lines - no waiting - and no limits. So, we each took our own cars (did I mention bench seats, with only a seat belt and lap bar - UNREAL?!) and the happiness began.

I'm not a ticklish person - but the Timberwolf - tickles me. Sounds off - in more ways than one - but just hear me out. When you tell people you're not ticklish - the first thing that everyone does (yes - I'll throw in an absolute) - is try to tickle you. THAT is annoying and becomes burdensome. So even the word - ticklish becomes burdensome and your whole life is ruined...or is it?

Once I buckle up (as loose as it will go!) and the ride starts ticking and jerking towards the top - my heart is bursting with joy (and a dash of anxiety). When I head down the first hill - arms raised high - stomach dropped low - and screaming at the top of my lungs - it happens: I begin to laugh and I can't stop. It's like all those times people have poked me or tried to tickle me - all those times surface and I can't get away from the silliness it causes. I throw my head back - stomp the ground - try to breathe - squeeze the lap bar tighter - but nothing can stop the laughter - and I realize - my life is NOT ruined. :)

This particular day - we were riding the Timberwolf for the THIRD time in a row and I was having a hay day! Even though I had already ridden it twice - I could NOT stop laughing. I wrapped my arms around my stomach and threw my head back as I laughed uncontrollably. I laughed so hard that I SLOBBERED. I SLOBBERED!!! And of course I laughed even harder about that - but remember how I'm on a rollercoaster? And remember how my slobber got caught by the wind and hit my friend behind me?! BAHAHA - I SLOBBERED ON ME AND ON MY FRIEND!!! BAHAHA!!!

FAST FORWARD to this last Wednesday night. 

The girls and I are out on the town - eating sushi - drinking soda - gettin' CRAZAY!!! We're singing our hearts out to Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody and reliving our high school days.

The song comes to the "headbanging" part - and we hit a RED LIGHT!!! Coincidence? I like to call it DESTINY!!!

We go NUTS!!! We're headbanging like we're in the 90's! The car's shaking - we're losing brain cells - people are hiding their children - and then I headbang the SLOBBER out of me!!! HAHAHA 

That's right - I SLOBBERED and in that one moment, I was transported back to the Timberwolf and all its glory. The conditions weren't right (so Alina and Mandy missed out in being slobbered on), but we all laughed harder - knowing that it happened.

I'm still not ticklish (don't try it! ha!), but I know what being tickled feels like - and it doesn't always end up in saliva.

I'm just grateful for moments that make me remember the Timberwolf, and for more opportunities - to slobber. <3





1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I LOVE YOU!!!:D THanks for my linc haha:D miss you!! already:/ Hey im gunna invite you to this thing on facebook. let me know what you think!!:D

    ReplyDelete