10 September 2011

I was lost, but now I'm found...

I'm OCD...almost to the point, where I refer to it as CDO because that's in alphabetical order (eh? EH? hahahaaaaters!!!). I don't need to be on a TV show or anything - but I do things in particular ways because it makes sense to me.

Where did I learn this? My mother: RIN-DIZZLE...but she refers to it as "being organized". Right....THAT.

It's a known fact in my family (probably worldwide) how "organized" my mom is. My dad puts it best:
Big Ray: You know how your mother is! If I get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night - she's made the bed!
So - it came as no surprise to me - that when I bought a new spray bottle for my hair on Thursday - and left it on the kitchen counter - my spray bottle went missing. And just in time for my parents to leave for the weekend. 

Sure, I searched for it...in all the obvious places (within T-Rex arm reach) and it was gone. I figured that Rin-Dizzle had just "organized" my spray bottle to a place I was unaware of.

Big Ray and Rin-Dizzle returned this afternoon and I was excited to finally use my spray bottle!
*I'm in the bathroom getting ready*

Me: Hey, mom! Where did you put my new spray bottle? I can't find it anywhere.
Rin-Dizzle: I didn't do anything with it. The last time I saw it - it was on the kitchen counter.
Me: So...you didn't put it anywhere? (pretty skeptical at this point)
Rin-Dizzle: Nope! I promise I didn't touch your spray bottle! Let me see if I can find it.
*Mom closes the doors and I can hear her talking to my dad and Ladybug*
Rin-Dizzle: (muffled questions)
Big Ray: (muffled answer)
Ladybug: BAHAHAHA
Me: *sad face - my brother only laughs at my misfortune*
....a few minutes pass...
Rin-Dizzle: *handing me my spray bottle* Here you go!
Me: (happily surprised) HOORAY! Where did you find it?!
Rin-Dizzle: You might want to rinse it out really well...
Me: (worried) Waaait - what? Why?
Rin-Dizzle: Because your father put weed killer in it.
Ladybug: BAHAHAHA 
 Don't you worry - I learned some valuable lessons in "The Missing Spray Bottle" episode:
  1. Perhaps, my mom's OCD stems from bad hair experiences - when she left her spray bottle on the kitchen counter
  2. Even my OCD can be curbed with some hot, soapy water :)




 

3 comments:

  1. Hilarious! I can't stop laughing and now Addy's asking me why I'm laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... That is so funny! If your hair suddenly starts falling out, you'll know why.

    P.S. I love the "T-Rex arm reach." You make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol that's hecka funny at least can be proud that being OCD means everything is in order & clean. Love this post :)

    ReplyDelete