09 September 2011

Unsub at 9 o'clock!!!

My little brother and I went to go see the movie, Thor, at the $1 theatre in Orem/Provo last night.

Let me break down some stats that played into our movie going experience:
  • We usually hit up the $1 theatre during the day - and usually in Pleasant Grove
  • We are definitely BROWN
  • We always get treats and sneak them into the movie (don't judge me!)
  • I watch Criminal Minds - in almost a "religious fashion", if you will
Alright, some random stats that make no sense...or do they?!

EXHIBIT A: Movies 8 - Orem/Provo, UT

>>You've got to admit - the place looks shady. And this picture is taken in DAYLIGHT HOURS. Imagine it at night...with all the riff raff traipsing around.
>>PLUS - its location is listed in "Orem" - but I swear it's in Provo. *shaking my head* Those types of contradictions should've been OBVIOUS to my brother and me
>>And when I said "riff raff" - I'm mainly referring to the BYU students, who annoy the hell out of me on their group dates - at the theatre - talking and trying to flirt - while I'm watching a movie about a hot, Norse God struggling to return to his realm....sooo much more important than their quest for eternal progression - I digress.

EXHIBIT B: Brown Sugar & Ladybug
>>Yup - definitely brown. When you say minority in Utah - you mean, "only brown people for miles" kind of minority. That night was no different.
>>Just picture the two of us - sitting by ourselves in an ENTIRE row - surrounded by BYU students (you're afraid for us, aren't you?)

EXHIBIT C: Red Vines & Milk Duds
>>There actually was no reason for listing this - but that's just some of our candy we were enjoying during the film

EXHIBIT D: The UNSUB (UNidentified SUBject as per Criminal Minds)
>>The movie has already started (even all the way through the previews...of movies already out) and the row behind us is full and the row in front of us is full *poking my eyes out*
>>Suddenly - this girl walks up to our row and asks to slide in. Devin and I let her pass us - but look around to see plenty of other empty seats she could have chosen. That's kind of weird. I shake it off because she's probably friends with someone on either of the rows that are full by us.
>>She sits 1 seat away from me - more weird! So, I decide to be alert - she could easily be a vampire, werewolf, or worse - crazy, white girl.

EXHIBIT E: Fear
>>I'll admit it - watching Criminal Minds for hours at a time isn't truly healthy - but either is being stabbed. I feel as if I'm learning how to recognize dangerous situations, label everyone a serial killer, and respond immediately, but not always effectively. hahaha
>>My first thoughts were: if your friends were on the rows around strangers - it would make sense to sit on that row - on the end. Why would you take the time - to climb over people you don't know and then sit by them?
  1. To stab them
  2. ...or maybe your friends are sitting on the other end of the row (I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt here)
>>So I watch her...mostly out of the corner of my eye - sometimes blatantly - and guess what - SHE DIDN'T TALK TO ANYONE ON EITHER ROW THE ENTIRE MOVIE!!!
>>I even exposed my neck to her at times - just to make sure - she wasn't a vampire (negative)
>>I almost wanted to feel bad for her - but you can't get emotionally attached - you have to remain objective.
>>We even stayed through all of the credits so we could see a preview of the next movie to come and she didn't budge - still didn't talk to anyone - but didn't get up to leave until we ALL did (trying to blend in)
>>We left the theatre and made our way to the car - while she walked behind us a few steps until we got completely outside. We were pretty much alone at that point and she walked to the left - to her car - without making contact with anyone.

Creepy, right? And don't go soft on me by saying she needed a friend - I NEED TO LIVE.

My mom says I need to stop watching crime drama because it's making me paranoid about people. No mom, crime drama has helped me live another day - to post another blog.











2 comments:

  1. I love this! I don't think she was a psycho chick. I just think she knew where the best place to sit was in case something went down. ;) Ninja Kick!!! Hahahaha :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you were going to say that she worked for the theater and was going to crack down on the outside candy buying (I do it too!). You make me laugh so hard. Loved this and definitely need a good laugh after a long week (Is it only Tuesday? Dang.)

    P.S. My favorite part was "Exhibit C." :)

    ReplyDelete