19 January 2015

Day 15: BEAST MODE

So, I've already touched on the fact that I have to modify-the-modified when it comes to working out.

I feel like I'm getting stronger though - and I sometimes wonder if it's just me being crazy. It's possibly me just being super excited that I'm trying.

When you do Piyo - they always encourage you to at least try the moves in full force (I can't think of the right terms right now) and then modify when you need.

Today - I tried to hold a pose called Beast Mode. It's where you're on all fours - but you bring up your knees and use the strength of your arms and legs to keep balance.

AND I DID IT!!!

I HELD BEAST MODE!!!

I HELD BEAST MODE FOR LIKE - ONE SECOND - BUT I HELD BEAST MODE!!!

I was so pumped! I'm STILL so pumped!!!

Then something weird happened...I started crying.

*dumbfounded break*

I was so confused.

I'm pumped up because I did something AWESOME - and I'm crying?!

Am I in pain? No.

Am I embarrassed? No.

I had no idea that Beast Mode makes people cry....ha!

I didn't realize how long it's been since I've really tried to do something hard...to do something I feel like I fail at.

And even though it was only for A second (or maybe 2? ha!) - I wasn't failing.

Those were possibly tears of relief...that I'm not a failure. Tears of anxiety...that it's going to get harder. Tears of gratitude...that I can change.

And I will change - 1 second at a time. :)

1 comment: